Friday, March 22, 2013

London


Hello all-

This is my first blog post. Laurel has already written one blog post. I read Noah Hoffman’s blog regularly because he is impressive and inspiring. He writes one of the better blogs in the Nordic skiing community. I thought I would try to blog like Noah for a whole post. But it is too difficult.

Kris Freeman (pictured here) is in fact not on our trip

That aside, I began my trip by taking the bus from Portland to Boston and apparently overestimated the power of the most recent Nor’Easter. Upon arriving at Logan a healthy four hours early for my departure to London, I was left with plenty of time to contemplate a couple of issues. One, this is the first time I have spent a term away from campus since my freshman summer. This is mostly troubling because I will probably have to make do with less than five Collis sausage breakfast sandwiches a week. These once-awesome, now mediocre-at-best sandwiches have been a staple of my weekday mornings for more than two years. I’m pretty sure the Greek diet is made up of strictly olives and yogurt and given that I’m not particularly a morning person to begin with, this change could be brutal. But anyway…

Two, I am going to Greece but don’t know a single word of Greek. Fortunately we are doing a crash course while we’re in London, but the fact remains that at this point I most closely associate the Greek alphabet with Keystone and Greek Key Weekend (and community service, of course). In related news, I recently discovered that the gyros/ jyros I have been demolishing at Foco are actually pronounced heroes- good to know, I guess.


Hero vs gyro… apparently not the same thing
 

In addition, I would like to address the lack of original pictures in this post. It is safe to say that most blogs without pictures suck and are boring. My excuse is that I don’t know how to use my camera yet, but once I figure it out there will be pictures on pictures. For now I have had to make do with the camera built into my computer, which severely limits the subject matter.

 

Here I am with my neck pillow and eye mask thing (good call, mom) (photo credit: me)

Finally, and on a more serious note, I would like to extend special recognition to Natalie, Austin, and Elise because they expressed interest in reading my first post via Facebook. They are the “Cam and Lauriel Take on Greece” fans of the week for sure.

Pax (not Greek but sort of close),

Cam

No comments:

Post a Comment